Colitis - Type

What type of colitis do you have?

Please select the black triangle:

What are the causes (types) of colitis

Colitis describes inflammation of the colon (col=colon + itis=inflammation). While many causes of colon inflammation may be self-limiting and can be treated with diet and observation, it is important to determine why inflammation has occurred, because of the potential for a more serious diagnosis.

Return to Colitis (Types)

Comment from: junglecatt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I have had colitis since my 20s. I have watery diarrhea constantly when it attacks. I take 8 Lomotil a day and all it does is slow it down some. This is a drain on my lifestyle. I have been told by doctor I have colitis in my bowel lining. I pass no blood, don't dehydrate, and usually no pain, just constant diarrhea.

Comment from: bkfire123, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 16

My husband had a suprapubic catheter put in and 3 days later he is in the hospital with abdominal wall colitis.