Hoarseness - Experience

Please describe your experience with hoarseness?

Please select the black triangle:

What is hoarseness?

Hoarseness is an abnormal change in the voice caused by a variety of conditions. The voice may have changes in pitch and volume, ranging from a deep, harsh voice to a weak, raspy voice.

Return to Hoarseness

Comment from: cliver, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 20

I was dusting and cleaning up my house which was closed for the last 2 years. The amount of dust that I inhaled has given me a cough as well as throat pain and I have to drink large amounts of water to keep it wet. This is my condition over the last 2 weeks.

Comment from: Frustrated, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 05

My husband has hoarseness of voice for the past 3 years. He has seen at least 6 ENT specialists all giving differing diagnoses and treatment from GERD, spastic dysphonia, postnasal drip with phlegm, sulcus vocalis, ageing and gap in vocal cord (latest). He had speech therapy, Botox injections, antibiotics, phlegm and Chinese medicine, myasthenia gravis medicine (from a physician friend). He is now mistaken for a woman on the phone. He is frustrated and depressed that often we do not understand what he says. I really do not know what to do next.