Cushing's Syndrome - Personal Experience

At what age did you start experiencing signs of Cushing's? Please share your personal experience.

Please select the white circle:

What is Cushing's syndrome?

Cushing's syndrome is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure of the body's tissues to high levels of the hormone cortisol. Sometimes called "hypercortisolism," it is relatively rare and most commonly affects adults aged 20 to 50.

Return to Cushing's Syndrome

Comment from: Cue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I started experiencing the symptoms of Cushing Syndrome at around 49 years of age. All of a sudden I gained a lot of weight from my waist up, especially around my neck area, my voice stays hoarse and I feel like something is stuck in it! I have the panic attacks associated with Cushing. I do not have any energy, have episodes of high blood pressure and do not sleep well anymore.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

Within 1 year most of my symptoms began, anxiety, hair growth, moon face and massive stomach, high blood pressure, high energy, waking up at 2 am, loss of hair on my head, stretch mark on stomach, cognitive issues. For almost 4 years I struggled misdiagnosed; until finally my last symptom. Massive bruising all over my body. It was confirmed that my blood cells were hemorrhaging in my skin. First blood specialist called me an enigma, could not figure it out. Then I met my 2nd blood specialist. She just looked at me and said, My goodness, look at your face you look like a chipmunk. Look at your body, you look like you are pregnant, but your limbs are thin. You have Cushing's. I asked what that was. She said I have a tumor either on my brain or on my adrenal gland. She was dead on, just from looking at me.