Orthostatic Hypotension - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with your orthostatic hypotension?

Please select the black square:

What are the symptoms of orthostatic hypotension?

When the brain does not get enough blood supply, it begins to shut down.

Symptoms include:

• lightheadedness,
  • confusion,
  • nausea, and
  • fainting or passing out.

There may also be weakness, blurred vision, and shaking or tremulousness.

These symptoms may resolve quickly as the body slowly adjusts to the standing position, but in some cases the patient has to sit or lie down quickly to prevent passing out or falling.

Return to Orthostatic Hypotension

Comment from: Patches, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I had no problem whatsoever until I had bypass heart surgery. Three days after surgery symptoms of orthostatic hypotension appeared. I also have a lot of pain in my legs when I first get up, I can't go anywhere until my blood pressure goes up, usually a minute or so. After eating is really bad!