Laryngitis - Symptoms in Adults

What were your symptoms associated with laryngitis?

Please select the white circle:

Symptoms of laryngitis in adults

If the cause of laryngitis is infectious, affected individuals will have symptoms of a viral infection:

• Upper respiratory tract infection or cold
  • Dry cough
  • Sore throat
  • Fever
  • Swollen lymph nodes (lymph glands) in the neck
  • Pain with swallowing
  • A feeling of fullness in the throat or neck
  • Runny nose
  • Loss of voice
Return to Laryngitis

Comment from: kurt, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

I contracted a flu last week from my mother, who had been sick. Soon after I had a sore throat, not a big deal but then my whole body began to ache and soon I was in bed for a day. The next morning my whole throat was so swollen I couldn't breathe or talk or swallow. I went to several doctors who misdiagnosed it. I finally found one and he gave me penicillin 500 mg 3 times a day, and advised bed rest and washing throat with salt water 4 times a day. He also gave painkiller Aleve, and a regimen of vitamins. I don't smoke, don't drink and work out religiously. This laryngitis is a tough one and can lead to all sorts of trauma in your life if you don't address it.

Comment from: SWEET, 45-54 (Patient) Published: August 11

It started out with a bad cough to the point I urinate and feel weak. Then all of the sudden I lost my voice. It's been over a month since I got laryngitis I still have my harsh voice and cough and thick mucus. Doctor diagnosed me with fluid in my lungs.