Laryngitis - Symptoms in Adults

What were your symptoms associated with laryngitis?

Please select the black triangle:

Symptoms of laryngitis in adults

If the cause of laryngitis is infectious, affected individuals will have symptoms of a viral infection:

• Upper respiratory tract infection or cold
  • Dry cough
  • Sore throat
  • Fever
  • Swollen lymph nodes (lymph glands) in the neck
  • Pain with swallowing
  • A feeling of fullness in the throat or neck
  • Runny nose
  • Loss of voice
Return to Laryngitis

Comment from: SWEET, 45-54 (Patient) Published: August 11

It started out with a bad cough to the point I urinate and feel weak. Then all of the sudden I lost my voice. It's been over a month since I got laryngitis I still have my harsh voice and cough and thick mucus. Doctor diagnosed me with fluid in my lungs.

Comment from: mlrxo, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

It all started with a very horrid sore throat. I then went to urgent care and was told I had an ear infection. I was put on antibiotics and was told my throat would probably not be cured by the medication if it is a viral thing. Anyway, last night, I woke up not able to swallow my own spit and ended up in the hospital. Then, I was told I had laryngitis. I can barely talk above a whisper and this is really unbearable throat pain. I've had strep before and it is up there with the pain. Anyway, I've tried everything. Hot tea with lemon and ginger, plenty of fluids, Motrin/Tylenol for the swelling/pain, and I've even been sleeping with a Vicks humidifier. In all honesty, none of this is really working. I'm thinking it's one of those things you just have to let your body fight off by itself. I can't wait to feel better.