Laryngitis - Symptoms in Adults

What were your symptoms associated with laryngitis?

Please select the white circle:

Symptoms of laryngitis in adults

If the cause of laryngitis is infectious, affected individuals will have symptoms of a viral infection:

• Upper respiratory tract infection or cold
  • Dry cough
  • Sore throat
  • Fever
  • Swollen lymph nodes (lymph glands) in the neck
  • Pain with swallowing
  • A feeling of fullness in the throat or neck
  • Runny nose
  • Loss of voice
Return to Laryngitis

Comment from: loka girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I had laryngitis for the 2nd time this year. I went to a doctor who gave me Panadol and Exylin but it's been a week now, I still have my constant irritating cough. It usually attacks during the resting hours. It has become worse for a week now and my voice still hasn't come back. I've tried already all remedies like tea with lemon, gargling with warm water and salt, eating citrus, eating ginger, having drinks high with vitamin C and lozenges; but still my voice is hoarse. Mostly I speak by whispering especially at work. I hope to get well soon.

Comment from: Melly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I have laryngitis with a cough, my ears hurt, I have headache and sinus pressure around my left eye, my teeth hurt on left side, I'm just feeling miserable right now.