Hot Flashes - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Hot Flashes.

Please select the black square:

What are hot flashes?

A hot flash is a feeling of warmth that spreads over the body, which often begins in the head and neck regions. Hot flashes are a common symptom experienced by women prior to, and during the early stages of the menopausal transition. However, not all women approaching the menopause will develop hot flashes.

Return to Hot Flashes

Comment from: Annonymous, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I'm 52 and I have been determined to do everything possible to avoid having to take any hormones through menopause if possible. Which means I'm eating much better, exercising, getting enough sleep, taking vitamins, not drinking coffee, etc. I've only had what I would call 'warm' flashes so far. I probably wouldn't even think they were menopause related if it weren't for my age and the fact that I never had them before. I actually enjoy them. It's hard to describe, but I like being warm. There is also often a tiny bit of increased libido associated with them which is also no big deal. I'll be back to re-post if anything changes with my hot flashes. I really hope it doesn't!

Comment from: Mindyliz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I started getting hot flashes in my early 30s, approximately 5 years before I hit menopause. Unfortunately, 20 years later and I still have them multiple times a day and night. I am the youngest of 5 daughters and none of my siblings experienced this. I actually started my hot flashes before my 13 years older sister did. Theirs all came and went and I still endure them daily. My mother had them until she passed at 76 years old, and I have resigned myself to the probability of enduring the same.