Hot Flashes - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Hot Flashes.

Please select the black square:

What are hot flashes?

A hot flash is a feeling of warmth that spreads over the body that begins in the head and neck regions. Hot flashes are a common symptom experienced by women prior to, and during the early stages of the menopausal transition. However, not all women approaching the menopause will develop hot flashes.

Return to Hot Flashes

Comment from: Lori, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I'm 54, with a partial hysterectomy done years ago. I have one ovary left. About 2 years ago out of the blue I got hit with terrible hot flashes. The doctor gave me estradiol. Within 3 days they were under control. The last few months though, even on little exertion I am so hot I feel sick. My problem is, these hot waves are going on 24/7. I can't unload the dishwasher without burning up and profuse sweating. I remember my grandmother for years wearing a full apron with no back because she said she was hot all the time. Yesterday it was 3 deg C and I was in my truck with full air conditioning. I don't know how I can continue to work this way. I can handle a flash but this is crazy. The only relief I get is standing in the garage with a sun dress on when it's 2 deg C. I wear sundresses all day. I have to go back to work shortly after a short time off and do not have the luxury of bringing a fan with me.

Comment from: Caitlin, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 28

For some reason, a lot of hot flashes have sometimes been making me feel sick a lot, but it"s all the time I have hot flashes, and most of the time I feel like I"m going to pass out, and whenever my mom checks my temperature, she says I"m perfectly fine. It"s so weird.

Stay Informed!