Gum Problems - Flossing

Do you floss? If you do, what changes have you noticed in your gum and dental health?

Please select the black triangle:

What's the best way to care for your gums?

The best way to care for gums is to develop a routine of good oral hygiene at home and regular visits to your dental professional. Seek specific advice about how to properly clean around the teeth. More care and attention is especially important for those with dental braces and dental work such as dental crowns because dental plaque is often retained around these areas. During pregnancy, hormonal changes make the gums more sensitive and easily prone to inflammation. Good dental hygiene is essential at this time to prevent a quick progression of gum problems.

Return to Gum Problems

Comment from: ladylung, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I floss daily and it feels good.

Comment from: everyrosie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I have recently started flossing. I"ve been doing it once a week for the past month. I"ve noticed much less sensitivity in my teeth and gums. I plan to continue flossing at this rate for a while.