Gallbladder Cancer - Signs and Symptoms

Describe signs and symptoms that led to a diagnosis of gallbladder cancer.

Please select the white circle:

Possible signs of gallbladder cancer include jaundice, pain, and fever.

These and other symptoms may be caused by gallbladder cancer. Other conditions may cause the same symptoms. A doctor should be consulted if any of the following problems occur:

• Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes).
  • Pain above the stomach.
  • Fever.
  • Nausea and vomiting.
  • Bloating.
  • Lumps in the abdomen.
Return to Gallbladder Cancer

Comment from: tlhsparrow, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

I was diagnosed in May of 2011 with adenocarcinoma of the gallbladder stage 2. It then showed up in my colon in 2012. Both were surgically removed. I had severe substernal pain and vomiting that brought me into the emergency room. I had never had problems with my gallbladder until then but I had had a Billroth procedure that left my bile emptying into the stomach, which may have contributed.

Comment from: anonymous615, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 13

I am a caregiver for my significant other. He was experiencing terrible lower back pain. We thought he tore a muscle, since his job was a lot of physical labor. He went for an MRI, and it showed swollen lymph nodes along the spine. One of them was pressing against the spine and sciatic nerve causing the pain. He was immediately sent for a CT scan. After the CT scan we were told it looked like gallbladder cancer. A biopsy and PET scan confirmed the diagnosis. He received this diagnosis about a week before his 38th birthday. Due to the fact that it spread to his lymph nodes, it is already in stage 4. He did not experience any other symptoms.