Broken Toe - Describe Your Experience

Did you break your toe? Please describe your experience.

Please select the white circle:

Introduction to broken toe

A commonly injured area of the foot is the small bones of the toes (phalanges). Trauma and the injury to the foot often causes one or more of the toe bones to break (fracture).

Return to Broken Toe

Comment from: Gmcdo20148, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I walked into the rocking chair in the middle of the night on December 10th, fractured my toe and it turned a nice shade of purple. I taped toes together, iced it and then had warm foot baths. It is March 18th and it is still red and deformed. I can"t bend it at all; the toe next to big toe on the left foot. The doctor did nothing. I am diabetic.

Comment from: cjyounts, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I was making up my bed, as I was walking around the bed to finish the other side there was a pillow in the floor with the open side of the pillow case facing me. So, I tried to step over the pillow when my big toe on my right foot gets caught on the opening of the pillow case. Trying to avoid falling I pulled my toe out of the case, my big toe bent under my foot and hit knuckle first with all my weight. I know I broke it, but emergency room (ER) x-rays showed no break. Three months later it is still swollen and horrible sharp pain shoots up my foot. MRI showed break not healing. I am getting ready to try tissue stimulation at home for 6 weeks. Awesome.