Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Telling Your Partner

If you were diagnosed with a trich infection, please share how you told your partner.

Should I Tell My Partner If I Have Trichomoniasis?

Yes, your partner could have the infection too. You and your partner should be treated at the same time to keep from infecting each other again. Be sure to tell all of your recent sex partners also, so they can get tested and treated.

Return to Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection)

Comment from: Lee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I told him I had an infection. He asked if he should be seeing a doctor. I told him it would not hurt and he did. I got my results first, we talked about it, he was ready to speak to his doctor and take the medications, so we can continue our love life. He was super cool man about the whole thing. I love him for being a great man.

Comment from: Ghandi, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

I told my wife straight up, I had an affair, more of a one night stand. We both got treated for trich infection. I am waiting for her to decide what she wants to do. I"ll move on no matter what.