Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection) - Transmission

Please share how you contracted your trich infection.

What Is Trichomoniasis and How Do You Get It?

Trichomoniasis (TRIK-uh-muh-NEYE-uh-suhss) is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by a parasite. It is sometimes called "trich." Trichomoniasis is the most common curable STI found in young, sexually active women.

The parasite is spread through sexual contact. Women can get it by having penis -- to -- vagina intercourse with an infected man or vulva -- to -- vulva contact with an infected woman. Men usually get it only from infected women.

Return to Trichomoniasis (Vaginal Infection)

Comment from: kitty 56, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I started having this fishy/foul odor and did not know how to get rid of it. I had it for about a month. I was only with one person and I asked him about whether he was having sex with anyone else and of course, he said no. I didn't tell him about it because I know it had to be him that I got it from. I went to the emergency room because I had abdominal pain and was treated.

Comment from: purple6367, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

My husband and I were separated back in late August of 2013, I had my PAP test on the December 2nd 2013 and today I found out I was positive for trich; we just got back together the middle of November 2013.