Tongue Problems - Describe Your Problems

Please describe your tongue problems.

What are common tongue problems?

Some common problems associated with the tongue include discoloration, increased size/swelling, abnormalities of the surface, growths (bumps), pain, taste concerns, and difficulty with movement.

Return to Tongue Problems

Comment from: Cidnee Elise J., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I am 65 years old. I was diagnosed at age 40 with psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I also suffer with Sjogren's syndrome and was diagnosed diabetic type II in 2013. In November 2014 I was diagnosed with oral lichen planus with pre-cancer cells in my left cheek. I was prescribed Magic mouthwash and Oracort which does help with the burning mouth. Within the last 3 or 4 months I have been getting sharp pains in my tongue. It feels like a razor blade cutting several times over a couple hours period of time. This has happened to me approximately 6 to 8 times in total. It is very painful. I don't know what the sudden cause of this pain is, especially targeting my tongue.

Comment from: demetria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have a problem with my tongue for 3 months now and I am really suffering too much. I visited many doctors and nobody found out what the problem is. Once or twice a year this problem appears. It begins with pain when moving my tongue deep inside my mouth and after one or two days I begin scratching my tongue around with my teeth. It is very painful and none of the doctors I visited found out what the problem is so as to give me the correct meditation. I am 50 years old and since I was 28 years old I have been taking antidepressants without stop. I am also in my menopause.