Lichen Sclerosus - Doctors

What type of doctor did you see for your lichen sclerosus? Were you referred to a specialist?

Please select the white circle:

What kind of doctor treats lichen sclerosus?

Lichen sclerosus is treated by:

• Dermatologists (doctors who treat the skin)
  • Gynecologists (doctors who treat the female reproductive system)
  • Urologists (doctors who treat the urinary or urogenital tract)
  • Primary health care providers.
Return to Lichen Sclerosus

Comment from: Telma, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I went to see a gynecologic oncologist, as I wanted a second opinion regarding cervix abnormal cells, nevertheless he just took one look and knew it was lichen sclerosus. As he was asking me questions he described the symptoms, and my answers were yes. As he already knew what it was, he prescribed clobetasol cream 0.05%... great doctor.

Comment from: loh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I have self-diagnosed my lichen sclerosus and started treatment whilst I wait for an appointment with the gynecological consultant. As the general practitioner would not start treatment until seen by specialist and I had to wait for 2 or 3 months to be seen. It started with sore red areas around urethra and labia minora for over a year, then an episode of acute inflammation with swelling and bruised looking tissue. Now the tissue is going white. It has responded to strong steroids as it feels better but the white areas increase as the inflammation subsides. I have not had it confirmed as yet.