Lichen Sclerosus - Doctors

Not ready to share? Read other Patient Comments

What type of doctor did you see for your lichen sclerosus? Were you referred to a specialist?

Share your story with others:

MedicineNet appreciates your comment. Your comment may be displayed on the site and will always be published anonymously.Patient Comments FAQs

Enter your Comment

Tell us a bit about your background to make your comments more useful to other MedicineNet users. (Optional)

Screen Name: *

Gender of Patient: Male Female

Age Range of Patient:

I am a: Patient Caregiver

* Screen Name will appear next to the published comment. Please do not include your full name or email address.

By submitting your comment, and other materials (collectively referred to as a "Submission") to MedicineNet, you grant MedicineNet permission to use, copy, transmit, publish, display, edit and modify your Submission in connection with its Web site. MedicineNet will not pay you for your Submission. You represent that you have all rights necessary for MedicineNet to use your Submission as set forth above.

Please keep these guidelines in mind when writing your comment:

  • Please make sure you address the question asked.
  • Due to the overwhelming number of comments received, not all comments will be published.
  • When selecting comments to publish, our staff will choose those that are educational and complement the topic. Please try to stay on topic.
  • Your comment may be edited. We would typically edit comments to make them clearer and more readable. We will remove personal information such as last names, email and web addresses, and other potentially harmful information.
  • We will not notify you if your comment has been published. We suggest that you check back on the topic article regularly.
  • We do not provide medical or healthcare advice, treatment, or diagnosis.

Thank you for participating!

I have read and agree to abide by the MedicineNet Terms and Conditions and the MedicineNet Privacy Policy (required).

To prevent our systems from spam, please complete the following prior to submitting your comment.

Please select the white square:

What kind of doctor treats lichen sclerosus?

Lichen sclerosus is treated by:

  • Dermatologists (doctors who treat the skin)
  • Gynecologists (doctors who treat the female reproductive system)
  • Urologists (doctors who treat the urinary or urogenital tract)
  • Primary health care providers.
Return to Lichen Sclerosus

See what others are saying

Comment from: Telma, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I went to see a gynecologic oncologist, as I wanted a second opinion regarding cervix abnormal cells, nevertheless he just took one look and knew it was lichen sclerosus. As he was asking me questions he described the symptoms, and my answers were yes. As he already knew what it was, he prescribed clobetasol cream 0.05%... great doctor.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: loh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I have self-diagnosed my lichen sclerosus and started treatment whilst I wait for an appointment with the gynecological consultant. As the general practitioner would not start treatment until seen by specialist and I had to wait for 2 or 3 months to be seen. It started with sore red areas around urethra and labia minora for over a year, then an episode of acute inflammation with swelling and bruised looking tissue. Now the tissue is going white. It has responded to strong steroids as it feels better but the white areas increase as the inflammation subsides. I have not had it confirmed as yet.

Was this comment helpful?Yes


Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors