Sex, Urinary, and Bladder Problems of Diabetes - Prevention

In what ways do you try to prevent sexual, urinary or bladder problems associated with diabetes?

Can diabetes-related sexual and urologic problems be prevented?

People with diabetes can lower their risk of sexual and urologic problems by keeping their blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels close to the target numbers their health care provider recommends. Being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight can also help prevent the long-term complications of diabetes. For those who smoke, quitting will lower the risk of developing sexual and urologic problems due to nerve damage and also lower the risk for other health problems related to diabetes, including heart attack, stroke, and kidney disease.

Return to Sex, Urinary, and Bladder Problems of Diabetes

Comment from: alwayzconcise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

Bacterial vaginosis has been one big problem for me in the past few years due to my diabetes; now I take a peroxide and purified water douche when I have this problem. I do not douche otherwise. If only I could find simple things like that for all my other symptoms. And I have UTIs (urinary tract infections) constantly. I have been trying cucumber water few 2 weeks. Now and am glad to say I feel the difference already.

Stay Informed!