Night Sweats - Menopause

Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.

Menopause

The hot flashes that accompany the menopausal transition can occur at night and cause sweating. This is a very common cause of night sweats in perimenopausal women. It is important to remember that hot flashes and other symptoms of the perimenopause can precede the actual menopause (the cessation of menstrual periods) by several years.

Return to Night Sweats

Comment from: walkinggirl48, 45-54 Female Published: August 14

I just keep the room cool. I put a cold washcloth around my neck and sleep in light clothes, as in a T-shirt and undies.

Comment from: ape, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

Lord only knows what I go through during the day, and nighttime is like a nightmare. Sweat pours off of me like someone has turned a shower on. Daytime is not so bad because I am always moving around and can cope with the sweats. I wish I could get some type of release before I find myself losing it. Is anyone out there going through what I am living with?

Stay Informed!