PLMD - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with your PLMD.

Please select the black triangle:

What Are the Symptoms of PLMD?

Symptoms of PLMD are usually leg movements with the extension of the big toe in combination with a partial flexing of the ankle, knee, or hip. Movement of the legs is more typical than movement of the arms. It can often cause a partial or full brief awakening resulting in fragmented sleep. Patients are frequently unaware of these movements.

Return to Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Comment from: daisy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I am not sure if is normal or not. My periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) was happening occasionally but seems to be more frequent now and symptoms feel stronger even scary at times. Sometimes just before sleep I have movement sensations, and jerk of the whole body as if I have fallen off an escalator. Other times it is on the left side; my leg jerks and wakes me up. I have had occasions where it feels like my whole body has jerked/maybe lifted from the bed, only for seconds but very strong and more profound left sided head to toe down side of head, arm, leg and foot. Even my partner has woken up and seen/felt it occurring on me. I have dismissed it as normal but it can be quite scary and difficult then to fall back to sleep lately.