Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive - Experience

Please describe your experience with trying to conceive.

Please select the black triangle:

Trying to conceive facts*

*Trying to conceive facts medically edited by: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD

• If you are trying to conceive, the first step is to be aware of your menstrual cycle and changes that happen to your body during that time.
  • It helps to know when you are fertile. There are three ways to track your fertile times: 1) basal body temperature method, 2) Calendar method, and 3) Cervical mucus method (ovulation method).
  • Some women experience miscarriages or pregnancy losses, or cannot conceive at all (infertility).
  • Causes of infertility include age, health problems (both men and women), and lifestyle factors.
  • There are several options for infertile couples including drugs, surgery, intrauterine insemination (artificial insemination), assisted reproductive technology, third party assistance, adoption, and foster care.
Return to Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive

Comment from: jamare, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I had 2 miscarriages on my journey. I have been trying 4 years now to conceive, it can't be more depressing. I get so jealous of others whenever I hear they are pregnant or see a pregnant lady with a big belly; it may sound terrible but that's just how I feel. I have timed sex, i have tried Clomid, I am so drained it's not even fun anymore.