Bird Flu - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your bird flu?

What are bird flu symptoms and signs?

Symptoms occur approximately two to eight days after exposure, on average. Infected people experience typical flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, and muscle aches. Some people also have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or eye infections. This can progress to pneumonia and even respiratory failure. Bird flu causes a very aggressive form of pneumonia (acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS) that is often fatal.

Return to Bird Flu

Comment from: POMCHI, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 24

I have three roosters and recently acquired 10 hens about a week ago. Ever since then, I've felt ill. At first, I thought it was allergies. Then came the flu, along with strep-like symptoms. I'm very sore and sleep quite a bit. This is my third day and I feel awful. One of my roosters has fluff-out feathers. I'm wondering if this is the bird flu.