Mold - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with mold.

Please select the white circle:

Mold facts

• Some types of mold are commonly known as mildew.
  • Mold may live indoors or outdoors and thrives in damp, warm, and humid environments.
  • Although shower stalls and basements are typical moist areas prone to the growth of molds, any moist area in the household may harbor mold.
  • Allergic reactions to mold are the most common health effects of mold. Mold allergy symptoms and signs include
    • wheezing,
    • rash,
    • watery eyes,
    • runny nose,
    • itchy eyes,
    • coughing,
    • redness of the eyes.
  • The best way to prevent mold in the home is the control of moisture.
  • There are no EPA or government standards that have been established for mold or mold spore levels, so it is impossible to prove that a building or room is in compliance with any regulations concerning mold exposure.
Return to Mold

Comment from: Jan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I got stung by a stingray 9 days ago on Catalina Island. It felt like a hot ice pick into the top of my foot. I knew what it was immediately. It bled profusely and I read that the ray also injects an anticoagulant with the venom. The hot water soak for 1.5 hours helped immensely with the pain that was shooting from my foot up my leg, and after letting it bleed some, pressure stopped it right away. I sent a photo to a doctor and he prescribed 500 mg of Keflex 4 times per day. I also got Hibiclens antibacterial skin wash hoping to avoid secondary infection. The barb was not left in my foot and I hope no debris since I was hiking on an island and didn't have professional cleansing of the 1.5 inch wound. Being an avid, swimmer, diver, and surfer for 65 years, and never being stung is pretty good I guess. It's now itching like crazy! I see that others mentioned this too.

Comment from: Kahlistarr21, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I am a tenant, my landlord and maintenance man will not clean up my apartment. I am suffering from mold poisoning, I reported it several times and sent a letter to my landlord. Still nothing was done, I am disabled and can't afford to move. I am trying to find the best vitamins, and herbal ways that are not too expensive.