(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

Mold facts

• Some types of mold are commonly known as mildew.
  • Mold may live indoors or outdoors and thrives in damp, warm, and humid environments.
  • Although shower stalls and basements are typical moist areas prone to the growth of molds, any moist area in the household may harbor mold.
  • Allergic reactions to mold are the most common health effects of mold. Mold allergy symptoms and signs include
    • wheezing,
    • rash,
    • watery eyes,
    • runny nose,
    • itchy eyes,
    • coughing,
    • redness of the eyes.
  • The best way to prevent mold in the home is the control of moisture.
  • There are no EPA or government standards that have been established for mold or mold spore levels, so it is impossible to prove that a building or room is in compliance with any regulations concerning mold exposure.
Return to Mold

Comment from: curious mom, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 24

I am a mother of 3 young children, 7 years, 5 years, and 1 year. I moved into our apartment 2 years ago. I found black mold under the padding of the rugs in both bedrooms. The landlord said to spray bleach on it and it will go away. I never changed the old padding in family room. Recently I saw black mold on my bathroom wall when a piece of paint chipped. So I pulled a decent amount off and found that it is more than I thought. It is hidden under scrapple tape. My new landlord won't help, I wonder how serious this is.

Comment from: Co-oper, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I felt some pain that started in the right side of my back, I was thinking it may be a stone, and over a month it grew worse and now circled my pelvic area into the scrotum. The clinical indication was gross hematuria. Here are the findings from the CT scan. Multiple diverticula in the colon, without evidence of acute diverticulitis, negative exam for renal or ureteral calculi, multilevel degenerative changes in the spine, at least 3 small lung nodules in the right lower lobe, measuring up to 7 mm, atherosclerosis and cholelithiasis.

Comment from: Kahlistarr21, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I am a tenant, my landlord and maintenance man will not clean up my apartment. I am suffering from mold poisoning, I reported it several times and sent a letter to my landlord. Still nothing was done, I am disabled and can't afford to move. I am trying to find the best vitamins, and herbal ways that are not too expensive.