Vaginal Dryness - Symptoms

Discuss the other symptoms associated with your vaginal dryness or vaginal atrophy.

What symptoms can be associated with vaginal dryness and vaginal atrophy?

Other vaginal symptoms that are commonly associated with vaginal atrophy include vaginal dryness, itching, irritation, and/or pain with sexual intercourse (known as dyspareunia). The vaginal changes also lead to an increased risk of vaginal infections.

In addition to the vaginal symptoms, women may experience other symptoms of the menopausal transition. Hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, fatigue, urinary tract infections, urinary incontinence, acne, memory problems, and unwanted hair growth.

Return to Vaginal Dryness

Comment from: maggie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I'm a 48 years old female that has started going through menopause. For the last 3 years I have had an external vaginal itching that never goes away. I have been to the doctor and used numerous creams that have not helped. It is so bad that it gets me up at night. The itching is so bad it feel like pins and needles, and then burning and soreness from the scratching.

Comment from: Somy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I am a 24 year old woman, I have been taking the birth control pill for about 4 years. This caused a dysfunction to my ovulation due to high prolactin levels and I guess that it has lowered my estrogen levels as a result of high prolactin. It causes my vaginal irritation (stinging/itching) to be lasting for nearly a year and half which is driving me crazy. I think I may need something to lower my prolactin and bring the estrogen levels back to normal to help for ovulation and therefore reduce my vaginal dryness. I did all the STDs tests which resulted negative, went to a skin specialist who gave me a mild bubble bath to wash and to a remove pubic hair by laser, but still no success, therefore I think I need something hormonal.

Stay Informed!