Brain Hemorrhage - Recovery

Did you, a friend, or relative recover from a brain hemorrhage? Please share your experience.

What is the prognosis after a brain hemorrhage? Is recovery possible?

Many patients who have experienced a brain hemorrhage do survive. However, survival rates are decreased when the bleeding occurs in certain areas of the brain or if the initial bleed was very large.

If a patient survives the initial event of an intracranial hemorrhage, recovery may take many months. Over time and with extensive rehabilitation efforts, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy, patients can regain function. However, some can be left with persistent weakness or sensory problems. Other patients may have residual seizures, headaches, or memory problems.

Return to Brain Hemorrhage

Comment from: ghani, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 17

I had the experience of seeing my father suffer with brain hemorrhage due to chronic high blood pressure and tension. But after the treatment by medicine and exercise of 2 months, he recovered. Dio Plus 5/160 mg is the tablet for blood pressure control.

Comment from: FLOSS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I was driving home in the car when I felt as if I had been hit on the back of the head with a hammer. I felt a surging pain in the back of my head and somehow managed to get myself home, and hospital as I live near the hospital. By then I was in pain at the back of my head and fell to the floor, and don't remember much after that except being sick. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage and as a result cognitive impairment, but hope this improves. I am not back at work yet and it has been eight weeks since the bleed. Leading up to the bleed I had a burning sensation in my head and body for a few weeks before the bleed, I went to the general physician and they put it down to the menopause. The MRI scan I had revealed I had a previous stroke around the time I was being treated for stress. I ask myself, could the bleed have been prevented had the stroke been discovered earlier.