Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms

Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of a brain hemorrhage?

Although headache is frequently associated with bleeding in the brain, it is not always present. Most often, the symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage are dependent on the particular area of the brain that is involved. If the bleeding is in the part of the brain associated with vision, there may be problems seeing. Problems with balance and coordination, weakness on one side, numbness, or sudden seizure may occur. The speech center for many people is located in the left side of the brain and bleeding into this area may cause marked speech disturbances. If the bleeding is in the lower brain (brainstem), where most of the automatic body functions are regulated, a patient may become unresponsive or go into a coma. Additionally, sometimes symptoms of brain hemorrhage may come on very abruptly and rapidly worsen. Alternatively, the symptoms may progress slowly over many hours or even days.

Return to Brain Hemorrhage

Comment from: meme, (Patient) Published: November 19

On December 22, 2013 I had a hemorrhage. I don't remember anything but falling. Two days later I knew I was in the hospital. I was in ICU for two days. The day before my stroke I had a headache, nothing helped. I couldn't drive for nine months. My nerves are really bad now. I am weaker on my left side. I used a walker for about nine months. I am no longer walking with a walker and getting better.

Comment from: kesava, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

Around 4 weeks ago, I woke up in sleep with severe pain approximately 1 inch above my right ear, stiff chest up to sternum and also pointed pain in my right elbow. The pain lasted for 15 minutes. It was around 1:00 am. I took a pain killer but it was of no use. My wife, being a doctor, gave me morphine with some pacifier and by 3.00 am I was okay. The next night also the same story went on. Later I was rushed to Hyderabad to a neuro-surgeon and he advised an MRI of my brain. It was diagnosed as microhemorrhage. Since the incident I developed slurred speech and tingling right thumb. I am under treatment.