Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms

Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of a brain hemorrhage?

Although headache is frequently associated with bleeding in the brain, it is not always present. Most often, the symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage are dependent on the particular area of the brain that is involved. If the bleeding is in the part of the brain associated with vision, there may be problems seeing. Problems with balance and coordination, weakness on one side, numbness, or sudden seizure may occur. The speech center for many people is located in the left side of the brain and bleeding into this area may cause marked speech disturbances. If the bleeding is in the lower brain (brainstem), where most of the automatic body functions are regulated, a patient may become unresponsive or go into a coma. Additionally, sometimes symptoms of brain hemorrhage may come on very abruptly and rapidly worsen. Alternatively, the symptoms may progress slowly over many hours or even days.

Return to Brain Hemorrhage

Comment from: sharonr1, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a brain hemorrhage last Dec. 2012. I was in the hospital for 41 days before I came home. I only remember things from about 3 days before I came home. I died on the way to the hospital and was revived. I have a problem with my eyes seeing double so I wear a patch. They tell me my nerves were damaged and my eyes are "twisted" and I will have surgery in March of next year to hopefully correct them. I have a balance problem and then I have a problem with my taste. I am not paralyzed anywhere, I can walk "fairly" OK and I have gone through therapy to walk inside the house as well as outside. I do everything inside that I did before as far as cleaning is concerned except climb on a ladder (foot stool).

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

Two years ago I had a brain hemorrhage. I was in the hospital for almost three months. It started with a very severe pain in the back of my head which moved up the center of my head. It was the worst pain ever. I started having weakness on my left side and it felt like my eyes were moving cross eyed. I had an angiogram done at the hospital and my bleeding had stopped so I didn"t need surgery. I had light sensitivity, felt very weak, and now I still have very bad headaches. I can't find anything to help my headaches now.

Stay Informed!