Vestibular Balance Disorders - Symptoms

Please describe the symptoms associated with your balance disorder.

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of a balance disorder?

If your balance is impaired, you may feel as if the room is spinning. You may stagger when you try to walk or teeter or fall when you try to stand up. Some of the symptoms you might experience are:

• Dizziness or vertigo (a spinning sensation)
  • Falling or feeling as if you are going to fall
  • Lightheadedness, faintness, or a floating sensation
  • Blurred vision
  • Confusion or disorientation

Other symptoms are nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, changes in heart rate and blood pressure, and fear, anxiety, or panic. Some people also feel tired, depressed, or unable to concentrate. Symptoms may come and go over short time periods or last for longer periods of time.

Return to Balance Disorders

Comment from: ESTHER, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I feel light headed and have fullness in right ear, sometimes, head and chest cold; my balance is not normal only when walking. I have seen 2 doctors, each feels it will go away. It is now over a month or more. It has improved, I have no ringing in ears, hearing is good, just a slight loss in hearing.

Comment from: neil m., 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

I have had symptoms of swaying, floating, instability, rocking in the inside of my body, even though I am sitting down. I was cleared of any vestibular problems by my ENT. I have spoken to other doctors and they say it is a brain issue. I do not suffer from vertigo, nausea, or throwing up.