Keratitis - Signs and Symptoms

Discuss the signs and symptoms associated with your keratitis.

Please select the white circle:

What are keratitis symptoms and signs?

The symptoms of keratitis usually include pain, tearing, redness, and blurring of vision. The pain may be mild to severe, depending on the cause and extent of the inflammation. Sensitivity to light may also be present. To the observer, the eye may appear red and watery; and if the cornea has extensive keratitis, the normally clear cornea may look gray or have white to gray areas.

Return to Keratitis

Comment from: Flash, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

With my current limbic keratitis, I had fairly quick onset of redness, burning, stinging, tearing and sensitivity to light. Because of past problems I"ve had with conjunctival and corneal issues, I called my doctor right away and was able to be seen the same day. My ophthalmologist is a cornea specialist.

Comment from: Anonymous, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 12

I was diagnosed with keratitis from my ophthalmologist today. I awoke this morning and out my contacts in my eyes and noticed a little drying in my eyes and what appeared to be a film that coated both eyes. I left for work and noticed my vision "cloudy" or being hazy. It was almost like you were standing in the middle of a room when someone had burned something on the stove in the kitchen. I tried taken my contacts out and cleaning the lenses but the cloudy, hazy effect remained the same. I went to my eye doctor that evening and he said it was a moderate case of keratitis and that it may have been due to the over wear of my contacts and have somehow contaminated the lenses I had just replaced a week and a half ago. Now I am unable to wear my contact lenses for a week and was prescribed prescription eye drops.

Stay Informed!