Fatigue - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms associated with your fatigue?

Please select the black square:

What are the signs and symptoms of fatigue?

Fatigue is a symptom of an underlying disease and is described in many ways from feeling weak to being constantly tired or lacking energy.

There may be other associated symptoms depending upon the underlying cause.

• Individuals with heart disease, lung disease, or anemia may complain of associated shortness of breath or tiring easily with minimal activity.
  • Persons with diabetes may complain of polyuria (excess urination), polydypsia (excess thirst), or change of vision.
  • Those who have hypothyroidism may also have symptoms of feeling cold, dry skin and brittle hair.

It is important that the health care professional consider the complaint of fatigue in the context of the whole patient to try to come to an accurate causative diagnosis.

Return to Fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I had horrible sleep apnea. I never felt refreshed when waking up in the morning. I never felt like I had any energy, so the doctor thought I needed a sleep study.

Comment from: shewolf, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have muscle aches, fatigue to the point I don't even hear my alarm. I have no motivation or focus which is not normal for me and I haven't had my periods for 2 months now, but I am not pregnant. Caffeine and energy medications don't seem to be working.

Stay Informed!