Hysterectomy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your Hysterectomy experience.

Please select the black square:

What is a hysterectomy?

A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure whereby the uterus (womb) is removed. This surgery for women is the most common non-obstetrical procedure in the United States.

Return to Hysterectomy

Comment from: mcb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I'm 8 days post-surgery from a vaginal hysterectomy. For the most part I feel fine. I still have pain where I"m assuming are the stitches inside. And it hurts when I urinate. I go to my post operation appointment Monday June 2nd. I have a lot of gas and diarrhea.

Comment from: Frat59, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 5/7/14 almost a month ago. My stomach is still sore and strangely it is peeling; like a sun burn! I'm tired and want to be back to being me! Okay, so reality is I'm thinking another month and I may be able to sit, lay down or get out of a car without wincing. My incision isn't as sore as the ridge of skin that sits above it! I hope that shrinks! Good news is I lost about 7 lb. Who knows what's ahead of me without all my lady parts! Wishing all my fellow hysterectomy sisters a speedy recovery!