Hysterectomy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your Hysterectomy experience.

What is a hysterectomy?

A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure whereby the uterus (womb) is removed. This surgery for women is the most common non-obstetrical procedure in the United States.

Return to Hysterectomy

Comment from: Patricia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy on March 17, I"m 39 years old. I had significant bloating and horrible pain on my left side which I still have. My doctor said the left side is where the grinder went through as my uterus and ovaries were three times the size. I"m going back to work on Monday but feel so exhausted. I don"t feel ready. I"ve been working from home all along.

Comment from: aj, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

This is day 13 after having a full radical abdominal hysterectomy after years of heavy debilitating periods, fibroids and endometriosis. I suffered bladder problems and infections, but now sorted, however cannot believe the pain on the right side of my scar. Doctors tell me it is nerve damage but no one else has mentioned this. I wonder if anyone else has suffered this. Generally I feel good although a little emotional and tired. Although it's early days I cannot wait to feel like a "new woman". Good luck to all you ladies going through the same.

Stay Informed!