Coronary Artery Bypass Graft - Experience

Please describe your experience with coronary artery bypass graft.

Please select the black square:

What is coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery?

According to the American Heart Association, coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgeries are among the most commonly performed major operations. CABG surgery is advised for selected groups of patients with significant narrowings and blockages of the heart arteries (coronary artery disease). CABG surgery creates new routes around narrowed and blocked arteries, allowing sufficient blood flow to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the heart muscle.

Return to Coronary Artery Bypass Graft

Comment from: steve m, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I had progressive symptoms for three months. It started when on treadmill and it was a tightness in my throat. I used to have asthma so I thought it was that. I slowed down a bit and it went away. Then I finished running and exercising. It was on going. Then it happened a few times when I was having relations with my girlfriend. It got worse the last time and I had to leave the room and sit and let it pass. Then I had it after walking ten minutes and even brushing my teeth. By then I was having the jaw and wrist pains as well. Stress test was strongly positive within minutes. I was unstentable, blockages too long. I bit the bullet and went right in for coronary artery bypass graft. I am 54 years old and always healthy.

Comment from: Bien, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 02

My coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) was in 2004, I had quadruple bypass and I have one that failed and rerouted by itself. My arteries where removed from my right arm. I've been in the hospital 3 times because of me thinking a heart attack was imminent and had angioplasty each time and was given a clean bill of health. Fear plays a huge part in any healing. I have shooting sting pains in my left side by my shoulder to the breast. I added nitro to my other meds that include metoprolol, Norvasc, lisinopril, and simvastatin, plus aspirin. I work but am wondering how much stress I can take. Sleeping pills and anxiety drugs only hurt but might work short time. Good Luck.