Abdominal Adhesions - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with your abdominal adhesions.

What are the symptoms of abdominal adhesions?

Although most abdominal adhesions go unnoticed, the most common symptom is chronic abdominal or pelvic pain. The pain often mimics that of other conditions, including appendicitis, endometriosis, and diverticulitis.

Return to Abdominal Adhesions (Scar Tissue)

Comment from: Kitkat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

In 2005 I got partial hysterectomy, and two days later had internal bleeding. Now I have a scar straight past belly button. Three years later in 2008 woke up in severe pain and had emergency surgery for abdominal adhesion and blockage. Then three years later 2011 same thing. Now I'm going through same bloating, look pregnant, and have constipation. Just waiting, it is now 3 years.

Comment from: MsTamara, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had five surgeries and my body builds up scar tissue and abdominal adhesions because with every surgery they have had to remove a lot. I am always in pain and I can hardly take it. What makes me sad is that every doctor tells me there is nothing they can do. So in other words I have to live the rest of my life in this horrible pain. It even hurts when I sit down. Walking is horrible, and when I sit for a long time and I stand up I feel like crying it hurts so badly. There have been times when I have wondered to myself, why I should have to spend the rest of my life in pain. I have been hurting for 10 years now but for the last four years it has gotten worse. I can't take it anymore I wish I had some help.