Abdominal Adhesions - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with your abdominal adhesions.

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of abdominal adhesions?

Although most abdominal adhesions go unnoticed, the most common symptom is chronic abdominal or pelvic pain. The pain often mimics that of other conditions, including appendicitis, endometriosis, and diverticulitis.

Return to Abdominal Adhesions (Scar Tissue)

Comment from: MsTamara, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had five surgeries and my body builds up scar tissue and abdominal adhesions because with every surgery they have had to remove a lot. I am always in pain and I can hardly take it. What makes me sad is that every doctor tells me there is nothing they can do. So in other words I have to live the rest of my life in this horrible pain. It even hurts when I sit down. Walking is horrible, and when I sit for a long time and I stand up I feel like crying it hurts so badly. There have been times when I have wondered to myself, why I should have to spend the rest of my life in pain. I have been hurting for 10 years now but for the last four years it has gotten worse. I can't take it anymore I wish I had some help.

Comment from: lulu smith, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I have had pain for over 5 months in my belly, intestinal and cervical area on the right side that affects my ability to go to the bathroom, hurts, and swells low and up the right side. Tests show nothing except scan shows something perhaps left from prior surgery, a hernia in belly button area, a small but growing tumor on the adrenal gland and I know there is a clot catcher in there somewhere. I had surgery in my twenties for a baby problem, I also had my tubes tied in my thirties, and was treated for ulcers and diverticulitis in my thirties and forties. I suffered with a deep vein thrombosis in my leg in 2008 and 3 entries across my stomach and down my leg, with the last one jerked out too fast leaving me in agony across my lower abdomen. Unfortunately, also my father beat and kicked me with his work boots. So there seem to be reasons to look at abdominal adhesions.