Bone Spurs - Experience

Please describe your experience with bone spurs.

What is a bone spur?

A bone spur is a tiny pointed outgrowth of bone.

Return to Bone Spurs

Comment from: storm8, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

This is my third bone spur. I had one removed in the 80s on my right shoulder, then one on my right hand around the thumb. And now I have one just above my wrist on my right arm. It is causing a lot of pain when I use my right arm, when I write or type. Sometimes sharp pain shoots up my arm. Because of liver damage I cannot take arthritis medications.

Comment from: Sherri, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I have had foot surgery on both feet, twice. The first surgery was to grind down the bone spurs on my heels. This surgery had lasting results. The first doctor did not clean out all the bone chips and over time they accumulated more calcium and that in turn ate the tendons up. The second surgery removed the chips and my tendons we totally removed and replaced with muscles from my thigh. This is a very painful surgery and has long lasting effects on your quality of life.