Root Canal - Cost

How much did your root canal cost? Did insurance cover your procedure?

Please select the black square:

How much does a root canal cost?

The cost of root canals varies depending on the tooth and whether it is being treated by a general dentist or an endodontist. Molars have more canals that need to be filled, so they are more expensive, and endodontists typically charge more due to their specialty training. The cost of a single-rooted tooth (incisor or canine) may be anywhere from $400 to $1,000, and a multi-rooted tooth (premolar or molar) may be anywhere from $500 to $1,400. Most dental insurance plans cover root canal treatment.

Return to Root Canal

Comment from: caraseen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Unfortunately, dental insurance goes up to $2,000. Which is pretty much one procedure. After that, it"s all on you. I just found this out because I needed a root canal. Now a week later I have to have another root canal, different tooth. So two root canals and two crowns... I will end up with $4,000 worth of dental work and in debt! Lovely!

Comment from: john, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

My root canal cost $ 800.00 and insurance covered 54% or $ 432.00, I paid the rest. It is noteworthy to add that this tooth had one canal.