Scleritis - Risk Factors

Do you have an autoimmune disease that increases your risk of scleritis? Please share your experience.

Please select the black square:

What are risk factors for scleritis?

The peak incidence of scleritis is in people aged 40-50 years old. Women are more commonly affected than men. The presence of known autoimmune or connective tissue disease markedly increases the risk of scleritis.

Return to Scleritis

Comment from: Dewbooks, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I have had scleritis for over four months now. I also have degenerative arthritis; I have also had a knee replacement (2008). I have continuous joint pain and do not find much relief. I have been in treatment and recently have lost my insurance and have not seen my doctor since May. The scleritis in my left eye will not go away no matter the treatment; I still use erithromycin optic and optical prednisone. I also take a regimen of ibuprofen, 400 mg three times a day.