Dental Crowns - Cost

How much did your dental crown cost? Did your insurance cover it?

How much do crowns cost?

The cost of getting a crown can vary widely depending on the materials used and the expertise of the dentist and lab technician. A person should expect to pay anywhere between $600 and $2,000 for a crown or veneer.

Return to Dental Crowns

Comment from: MaryS910, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

It cost $1136, no root canal. This included two appointments, prepping the tooth, a temporary crown, creating the mold and returning and having the permanent crown put on. I have no dental insurance.

Comment from: Saty13, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I live in Manhattan so everything is more expensive, but I still feel that I paid excessively. I was charged $2100 for a porcelain crown on a molar tooth. On top of that, I paid $2200 for the root canal on the same tooth prior to getting the crown. So, total of $4300 which was an outrageous amount to pay for one tooth. These were top dentists, however (one for the root canal and a different one for the crown). One had a lot of celebrity clients, which I learned when I went in for the procedure. My insurance covers a max of $1500 per year.