Floaters - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with floaters.

Please select the black triangle:

What are eye floaters?

"Eye floaters" are deposits or condensation in the vitreous jelly of the eye. People use the term eye floaters to describe seeing floating spots within their vision when they look around. Eye floaters may be present in only one eye or both eyes.

Return to Floaters

Comment from: ashes, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I got my floater in December, in my left eye. I was driving when I first noticed it. I thought it was a small bug or something flying around. It looks like a tiny grayish blob but I can never look directly at it. Sometimes it goes away. Sometimes if I blink really hard it goes away. It doesn"t bother me as much anymore, it doesn"t obstruct my vision or anything.

Comment from: GaryG, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 23

Yesterday I experienced a very weird vision problem. I had a reoccurring floater object which seemed to be in my left eye. When I closed my left eye it still existed. When I closed my right eye it still existed. When I closed both eyes I saw a very clear image. It started from a small rectangle and then the lines form a very precise set of graphics. I would describe it as a set of 5 or so stair steps going up and then a set of 8 or so going down. The graphics constantly moved from lower right to upper left. I was not blinking or constantly opening and shutting my eyes. The Lines were black with a bright white section on both sides. With my eyes open I could see the shapes but they looked more like a typical floater. The images existed for around 8 minutes and then went away.