Floaters - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with floaters.

Please select the black triangle:

What are eye floaters?

"Eye floaters" are deposits or condensation in the vitreous jelly of the eye. People use the term eye floaters to describe seeing floating spots within their vision when they look around. Eye floaters may be present in only one eye or both eyes.

Return to Floaters

Comment from: Babs, 75 or over (Patient) Published: March 18

I have had right eye cataract removal 5 days ago and for the last three days I have these minute black spots in that eye and a haze that are very troubling. The surgeon said she thinks the condition is blood in the eye.

Comment from: Cynthia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I have never had floaters until last Sunday, they just showed up! I had a thorough examination by a retina specialist who told me that there was no tear in the retina so just watch out for new floaters. How can one tell if a floater is new! I am 66 and have been nearsighted my whole life, this just makes it worse.

Stay Informed!