Fetal Movement - First Kicks

Describe your baby's first kicks or movements.

Please select the white circle:

When Will I Feel My Baby Kicking?

You should feel your baby's first movements, called "quickening," between weeks 16 and 25 of your pregnancy. If this is your first pregnancy, you may not feel your baby move until closer to 25 weeks. By the second pregnancy, some women start to feel movements as early as 13 weeks. You're more likely to feel baby move when you're in a quiet position, either sitting or lying down.

Return to Fetal Movement: Feeling Baby Kick Week-by-Week

Comment from: Latimeria, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

At about 16 weeks, I was rooming-in at the hospital with my husband, who was in for testing. I had been wondering when I would feel something. I poked at my stomach, and this time, I swear I felt a tap back.