Scalp Psoriasis - Office Treatments

Describe the medical treatments you have received for your scalp psoriasis at your doctor's office.

Please select the black square:

What are office treatments for scalp psoriasis?

Rarely, it may be of benefit to inject triamcinolone acetonide directly into psoriatic plaques. Aside from the pain involved, the benefit only lasts about six weeks at best. Ultraviolet light in wavelengths near 313 nm (narrow band UVB) is effective in psoriasis. The hair, however, can pose a barrier to effective administration unless it is removed or sparse. The excimer laser puts out laser light in these UV wavelengths also and can be of benefit if the amount of scalp involvement is limited.

Return to Scalp Psoriasis

Comment from: jaya, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I have used Saliblu shampoo which was beneficial for me.

Comment from: KieraL, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

For the first time in my life I do not have horrible black psoriasis. My dermatologist did injections of triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog) followed with a prescription of Talconex. This is the first time in my life I don"t have embarrassing psoriasis. Seriously, try it; worth the pain!