Gynecomastia - Experience

Please describe your experience with gynecomastia.

Please select the white circle:

What is gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia is enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast. During infancy, puberty, and in middle-aged to older men, gynecomastia can be common. Gynecomastia must be distinguished from pseudogynecomastia or lipomastia, which refers to the presence of fat deposits in the breast area of obese men. True gynecomastia results from growth of the glandular, or breast tissue, which is present in very small amounts in men. Gynecomastia is the most common reason for medical evaluation of the male breast.

Return to Gynecomastia

Comment from: rajkishor, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I am 24 years old and have developed breast ever since I was 12. I do not see any sign of reduction and I find it very embarrassing as a result I never go top bare in public or even at home. I don't feel any pain or lump, instead they are soft and loose. I often think of going to a doctor but don't know which doctor to consult. I have never taken any kind of drugs or medication ever.

Comment from: dhamhir67, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

I"ve had gynecomastia for as long as I can remember. I am embarrassed to take off my shirt at home, I don"t go anything that has to do with swimming. My self-esteem is almost non-existent. I"ve spoken with a doctor before and then my insurance changed and I have never brought it up since.

Stay Informed!