Date Rape Drugs - Experience

Please share your personal experience with date rape drugs.

Please select the white circle:

What are date rape drugs?

These are drugs that are sometimes used to assist a sexual assault. Sexual assault is any type of sexual activity that a person does not agree to. It can include touching that is not okay; putting something into the vagina; sexual intercourse; rape; and attempted rape. These drugs are powerful and dangerous. They can be slipped into your drink when you are not looking. The drugs often have no color, smell, or taste, so you can't tell if you are being drugged. The drugs can make you become weak and confused -- or even pass out -- so that you are unable to refuse sex or defend yourself. If you are drugged, you might not remember what happened while you were drugged. Date rape drugs are used on both females and males.

The three most common date rape drugs are:

• Rohypnol (roh-HIP-nol). Rohypnol is the trade name for flunitrazepam (FLOO-neye-TRAZ-uh-pam). Abuse of two similar drugs appears to have replaced Rohypnol abuse in some parts of the United States. These are: clonazepam (marketed as Klonopin in the U.S. and Rivotril in Mexico) and alprazolam (marketed as Xanax). Rohypnol is also known as:
    • Circles
    • Rophies
    • Ruffies
    • Trip-and-Fall
    • Whiteys
  • GHB, which is short for gamma hydroxybutyric (GAM-muh heye-DROX-ee-BYOO-tur-ihk) acid. GHB is also known as:
    • Bedtime Scoop
    • G-Juice
    • Gook
    • Goop
    • Great Hormones
    • Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH)
    • Liquid E
    • Psychedelic Heroin
    • Purple
    • Special K
    • Super Acid

These drugs also are known as "club drugs" because they tend to be used at dance clubs, concerts, and "raves."

The term "date rape" is widely used. But most experts prefer the term "drug-facilitated sexual assault." These drugs also are used to help people commit other crimes, like robbery and physical assault. They are used on both men and women. The term "date rape" also can be misleading because the person who commits the crime might not be dating the victim. Rather, it could be an acquaintance or stranger.

Return to Date Rape Drugs

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

In my situation, the drug was administered through a cup of coffee. The memory of the actual event, as clear today as it was then. I began to get sleepy, which facilitated the ability to remove my clothing. I remember thinking, I didn"t want to do this, but the "man", quoted because I use this term sarcastically, I trusted. Immediately after I felt a headache, something wrong, so I took a shower. Keeping calm, although confused, as I stood at the door, I felt a vein give in my brain. This drug caused me to have an aneurism. The effects, 7 years later, I have to concentrate on things I once took for granted. I fight every day to regain to full capacity, the passion for life I once had. All I can offer to those reading this, is if you think you"ve been a victim, seek professional help, as soon as possible, and go as you are. I"ve since learned the number one reason why animals get away with this is because of shame. Do not feel ashamed for living a day in your life.

Comment from: Confused, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

My only mistake was not knowing this article before going out that night. I had 3 beers and after an hour I started feeling really drunk. I woke up with no clothes on. I didn"t think anything of it because I just remember having a few. I blacked out. I don"t remember anything at the car except getting sick. The next day I was extremely hung over. A couple of days later my friend said I went home with a guy and he was bragging I slept with him, I don"t even remember seeing him. It has been over 72 hours so I can"t get tested but glad I am alive. Please everyone watch your drinks. Scared me a lot that this could happen to me.