De Quervain's Tenosynovitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with De Quervain's tenosynovitis?

Please select the white circle:

What are symptoms of De Quervain's tenosynovitis?

De Quervain's tenosynovitis causes pain and tenderness at the side of the wrist beneath the base of the thumb. Sometimes there is slight swelling and redness in the area.

Return to DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis

Comment from: lea, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 15

It's been two weeks and I am having pain in both of my wrists and the lower sides of my thumbs. The pain occurs when I open, close, spread out my fingers, or fold my thumb up.

Comment from: Margaret, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

Shortly after a carpal tunnel surgery I began to feel a slight grating as I moved my thumb away and bent my wrist. It began to get painful each time I did this.