Uterine Growths - Polyps

What symptoms, if any, did you experience with your uterine polyps?

Please select the black triangle:

What are the symptoms of uterine polyps?

• irregular vaginal bleeding,
  • bleeding after intercourse, or
  • heavy menstrual bleeding.
Return to Uterine Growths

Comment from: katskradle22, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I had a cantaloupe-sized tumor in 2010 on my left ovary that I had removed. I began having similar symptoms several months ago so I called my obstetrician/gynecologist and she scheduled me for a transvaginal ultrasound. My symptoms are pain during sex, abdominal tenderness, pressure on bladder, and spotting during heavy work/exercise. Because of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), I haven't had a natural period since 2001 when I went off birth control, so no period-related issues. The transvaginal scan revealed growth in my uterus, so she has scheduled a D and C and biopsy at the end of July.

Comment from: boazy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I had my first uterine polyp 9 years ago. I gained 40 lb. that year doing nothing unusual. Polyp was removed and everything seemed normal (I never lost that weight). I had just regular Pap tests after that. Nine years later and post menopause I started to bleed and a very large polyp was discovered, no telling how long it has been there. I was dieting and losing a little and now cannot lose anything. I am crampy and tired, have lots of bleeding and clotting and waiting for hysterectomy.