Sinus Headache - Experience

Please describe your experience with sinus headache.

Please select the black triangle:

What is a sinus headache?

If the linings of the ducts or tubes that connect the sinuses to the back of the nose become inflamed, the sinuses may not be able to drain normally, and pressure may build up within the blocked sinus. There may also be associated swelling and inflammation of the lining of the sinuses, resulting in increased mucus and fluid secretion. This increase in fluid combined with the inability to drain increases pressure within the sinus cavity, causing the pain of a sinus headache. The term sinusitis is used to describe inflammation of the sinus.

Return to Sinus Headache

Comment from: Ron, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

My sinus headaches occur almost daily. The varying pain is between my eyes and just above my nose. Some days are just worse than others. Unless I experience an infection, which doesn"t happen very much, I take one extra strength Excedrin tablet, lay down in a quiet room with a cold pack strapped to the front area above the eyes. Usually the headache goes away after about 20 minutes. If not, a second cold pack for about 20 minutes usually does the trick. I have dealt with these headaches for over 45 years.

Comment from: sangita, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have sinus for many years now. Sometimes it is caused by cold or change in temperature from very hot to cold. Headache and tension on neck is the first sign followed by blocked nose. Pain killers don't give much relief so I have hot bath and lots of rest.