Sinus Headache - Experience

Please describe your experience with sinus headache.

Please select the white circle:

What is a sinus headache?

If the linings of the ducts or tubes that connect the sinuses to the back of the nose become inflamed, the sinuses may not be able to drain normally, and pressure may build up within the blocked sinus. There may also be associated swelling and inflammation of the lining of the sinuses, resulting in increased mucus and fluid secretion. This increase in fluid combined with the inability to drain increases pressure within the sinus cavity, causing the pain of a sinus headache. The term sinusitis is used to describe inflammation of the sinus.

Return to Sinus Headache

Comment from: jay, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 17

I've been dealing with sinus headaches for over a few weeks now. I was prescribed amoxicillin for 9 to 10 days, and stopped taking it when I was about to finish it the next day because I felt better and my sinuses were cleared, but I'm guessing the infection found its way back. The sinus infection has been taking a toll on my health for sure. Since being a college student, my health living in the dorms hasn't been 100 percent. The symptoms I usually deal with are head pain in the back of my head, and some tenderness and swelling in the nasal/sinus area. I'm not sure if anyone deals with this kind because usually it's different for most people, but the back head pain and headaches really take the cake on this.

Comment from: MusclesfromBrussels, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 29

I lived in a house with mold over the walls for years. It was a basement apartment and my allergy was all year round (as were my sinus infections). My whole forehead and around my nose ached (even my teeth ached). I was put on to a nasal spray that smells strongly of cinnamon. Immediately after using it I could finally breathe at last. The smell is not the best I must admit and lingers for about twenty minutes but the relief it has given me is well worth it. I have not had another sinus infection since using this and now my allergy symptoms are minimal.