Overactive Bladder - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with an overactive bladder? How do you deal with it?

Please select the black square:

What are symptoms of an overactive bladder?

The symptoms of an overactive bladder include frequent urination, urgency of urination, nocturia (urinating in the middle of the night), and urge incontinence. Overactive bladder may cause significant social, psychological, occupational, domestic, physical, and sexual problems. Again, these symptoms should not be considered a normal part of aging.

Return to Overactive Bladder

Comment from: AAA, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 28

I'm suffering from increased frequency of urination. I have to relieve myself at least 7 times during my waking hours and twice at night. As a result of this I am unable get a deep sound sleep and it has started telling on my behavior in mornings. I feel very tired soon after breakfast and usually very irritable (I'm a very happy chap otherwise). I am a squash player and play daily for an hour (therefore I have a religious exercising regimen). I am a smoker also and have been smoking for the last 15 years.

Comment from: Jimalee, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

I have been experiencing over active bladder symptoms for almost 2 1/2 yrs. It started as a minor toothache. I would be pumping gas fine then split second later almost pee myself if I didn't relieve myself. Then I went into the hospital and was catheterized for almost 2 months. When I came out into rehabilitation I would have urges of full bladder and relieve myself; at night I'd have accidents. When I got home I would relieve myself go 5 feet, sit in the recliner and almost immediately flood the chair. I then was caught by my doctor not emptying all the way and had to be catheterized for fear of damage and infection until I could see my urologist a couple weeks later. I am going through major body swings, I will get an infection and have major incontinence for a while. Then it will subside to only night time issues or for a short while no issues other than frequent need to relieve myself. Then it flares up its ugly head in quick cycles. The reason is suspected to be neurological by some doctors because when it started my diabetes was well controlled. I can't prove it but wonder if it is HIV related because I was diagnosed after the issue started in the first place.