Athlete's Foot - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your athlete's foot last? Was there anything that helped with symptom relief?

Please select the black square:

What are the symptoms and signs of athlete's foot?

Many individuals with athlete's foot have no symptoms at all and do not even know they have an infection. Many may think they simply have dry skin on the soles of their feet. Common symptoms of athlete's foot typically include various degrees of itching and burning. The skin may frequently peel, and in particularly severe cases, there may be some cracking, pain, and bleeding as well. Rarely, athlete's foot can blister.

Return to Athlete's Foot

Comment from: Sobs, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I am 35 years old and have been living with athlete's foot since my early twenties. I believe I got it when I bought a pair of insulated boots and was doing a lot of work inside a hot factory for ten hours a day. My biggest problem is staying on top of my foot care. I did get rid of the problem for almost two years. I used Lotrimin Ultra twice a day for two weeks and put all, or what I thought was all, of my shoes in plastic zip lock bags (separate) and placed them in my freezer for 24 hours. One day without thinking I put on an old pair of golf shoes and played 18 holes on a hot summer day. My athlete's foot came back a few weeks later. Over the years I think the fungus has developed a sort of immunity to the Lotrimin Ultra so now I am searching for alternative methods to clear up my feet.

Comment from: Grace34, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have suffered from athlete's foot in different parts of the body for a pretty long time. I tried all the OTC antifungal creams, sprays, powders, etc., to no avail, they only provided temporary relief. Luckily for me I stumbled upon eucalyptus oil which I diluted and applied to every single place infected with the fungus and to my surprise, all the infection were cleared within 2 weeks. I continued the treatment for another 3 weeks and I have been cured! Finally! Just thought this information might be useful to someone with a stubborn and recurring strain of the fungus.