Freckles - Value

Explain why you like your freckles.

Please select the black triangle:

What is the value of freckles?

Some people like their freckles, while others may be more bothered by their appearance. The cosmetic improvement of the skin is a frequent request among people with freckles. On the other hand, freckles are desirable by some people who like the special character or uniqueness these give them.

Freckles can have their value. One is in poetry. For example, without freckles, Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894), the American physician, professor, and man of letters, could not have written:

His home! the Western giant smiles,
And twirls the spotty globe to find it;
This little speck, the British Isles? 'Tis but a freckle, never mind it.

Previous contributing author: Nili N. Alai, MD, FAAD

Return to Freckles

Comment from: Medicine Net.com, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I do not like freckles I want to get rid of these freckles. But there is no one who will help me. Everyone asks me how I got my freckles. Today I was visiting a doctor to examine these and she disappointed me she said there is no treatment for freckles. Once you get freckles, I think they will remain the same your whole life.

Comment from: Carolyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I'm of French/German heritage. When I was young, I hated my freckles. When I aged, many people thought I was younger than I really was "because" of my freckles. So., in the long run, they aren't so bad.

Stay Informed!