Eye Allergies - Prevention

What are the triggers for your eye allergies? How do you prevent them?

Please select the black square:

Can eye allergies be prevented?

Avoid the triggers

Avoidance is the cornerstone of allergy treatment. It is particularly important to avoid both airborne and contact allergens. Remember, rubbing your eyes is a physical trigger and therefore must be avoided.

Return to Eye Allergy

Comment from: Suziquzi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have narrowed down my allergies to something in certain eye makeup colors. Brand makes no difference, but the purple shades of shadow and liner cause me immediate trouble. Most recently, even an azure blue has caused a reaction.

Comment from: rodnsue, (Patient) Published: June 02

I am just starting a new hobby, gardening. I have taken out a hydrangea bush, a small juniper shrub and some nasty weeds with thousands of burrs. Now I have itchy, red, swollen, eyes that feel like I have dust in them but I can"t actually see anything. Eyelids are swollen upper and under, feel like my eyes are dry all the time, so I"m thinking these plants are the cause of all my trouble.