Keloid - Body Location

If you had a keloid, where on your body was it located?

In which area of the body are keloids most likely to appear?

Keloids develop most often on the chest, back, shoulders, and earlobes. They seldom develop on the face (with the exception of the jawline).

Return to Keloid

Comment from: worried patient, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have a big scar (keloid) on my ear lobe. I met with my doctor and he administered cortisone injection to it about 4 months back. Now he wants to adopt the surgical method, and I am scared of the surgical method because of its disadvantages. I don't know if it will be safe to use the method without the keloid reoccurring again, I am really scared.

Comment from: johnson, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I had knee replacement, and the keloid is inside the left side of the knee. I had some scar tissue removed but the knee still buckles, and gets hot.