Keloid - Body Location

If you had a keloid, where on your body was it located?

In which area of the body are keloids most likely to appear?

Keloids develop most often on the chest, back, shoulders, and earlobes. They seldom develop on the face (with the exception of the jawline).

Return to Keloid

Comment from: Ktlvsjer07, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have keloids all over my face, my back and a big one on each earlobe. I have had surgery on them both 3 times, they grew back a month later. I just wish I had regular ears. I am still kind of young and I have been like this since I was 8 years old. I am wondering are these keloids going to keep growing all over my face. One more thing is the keloids on my ears are cracking and splitting open. I am not doing anything but they are growing bigger when they do that. I don't know what to do anymore with these keloids, I have tried everything.

Comment from: nickeltherapy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

This July I had a full 360 lower body lift after losing nearly 160 pounds following a Lap Band surgery 3 years ago. As the 360 sounds, they do cut you all the way around to remove the excess skin and fat (27 pounds in my case), and pull up the lower muscles, while pulling down the upper making a nice flat tummy. About a week afterwards, I developed a small wound dehiscence that gradually grew to be 8 x 3 cm - my incision opened right along my buttock incision! Now, I have a terrible keloid that we are attempting to heal with injecting corticosteroids, but it is painful, itches, and cracks all the time. I cannot wear any of the new jeans, pants that I bought (went from a size 28 to size 10), and feel very depressed.