Keloid - Experience

Please describe your experience with keloids.

What is a keloid?

Keloids can be considered to be "scars that don't know when to stop." A keloid, sometimes referred to as a keloid scar, is a tough heaped-up scar that rises quite abruptly above the rest of the skin. It usually has a smooth top and a pink or purple color. Keloids are irregularly shaped and tend to enlarge progressively. Unlike scars, keloids do not subside over time.

Return to Keloid

Comment from: shy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

It all started with a tiny pimple. After a year, it grew bigger. I already have six keloid scars, one on each shoulder and four on my chest. Sometimes they're painful and itchy. They lower my self-confidence.

Comment from: scar, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I have started with laser hair removal treatment. This left a reddish bump on the right side of my face. I have been getting steroid injections. The doctor told me its keloid.