Keloid - Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your keloid.

What are keloid symptoms and signs?

Keloids are raised and look shiny and dome-shaped, ranging in color from pink to red. Some keloids become quite large and unsightly. Aside from causing potential cosmetic problems, these exuberant scars tend to be itchy, tender, or even painful to the touch.

Return to Keloid

Comment from: M Mangar, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 10

I had a small burn, and it dried up in 2 weeks. Suddenly after 2 weeks it started to raise and became a keloid. It itches a lot, sometimes swells and is very painful. It is getting bigger, about one and a half inches in length and it is right in the middle of my upper chest, and is very embarrassing.

Comment from: Pam Kaur, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

My keloid appeared on my left arm due to injection I had when I was a baby, and then in my 30s I felt an itch and another keloid appeared on my shoulder. I then had surgery near my belly button and a keloid appeared. I have lot of itching and feel something is in my arm. I have had surgery to cut and remove it and it has made it worse. I have had injections, you name it I have had it, and nothing has worked. I can't go swimming, can't wear short sleeve dresses.