Heart Rhythm Disorders - Type of Disorder

Please describe what type of heart rhythm disorder you have.

Please select the black triangle:

What are the different types of heart rhythm disorders?

Heart rhythm disorders are classified according to where they occur in the heart and how they affect the heartbeat.

Return to Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)

Comment from: big hearted, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

In November 05 2011 I was admitted to the hospital with shortness of breath. I felt like I was going to pee in my pants. Never did but the urge was there I could not control it. When I arrived at the hospital they hooked me up to a monitor and gave me a drug, not sure what it was, the next morning the doctor released me and told me he thinks I had a heart attack. He then prescribed a bunch of medications and told me to relax for 3 days before going back to work. I returned to work. Then I had an angioplasty and they told me my heart was 3 times larger than normal and over the course of this next 2 years I only found myself getting more and more short of breath. The prescriptions were changed a number of times but it continued to get worse. On Dec 27 of this year my arms were numb and tingling and I had shortness of breath. I went to the hospital, they then gave me a nitro spray, 2 sprays under the tongue. Everything went normal and I was sent home again. I had another angiogram done and they said they have to look at everything. Now I sit and wait. I don't know where it will go from here. I have just returned from another test (MUGA), now I sit and weight again with all new drugs.

Comment from: Carol, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been having palpitations (flutters) for a few months. I am on 40 mg of Crestor and have been on this drug for about 8 years. I notice the palpitations are much worse when I go to bed. They only happen once in a while during the day when I am up and moving. I stopped taking my 40 mg of Crestor 3 days ago and amazingly, the palpitation stopped when I went to bed so I was able to get to sleep. I spoke with my pharmacist today and told her what was happening and that I stopped Crestor. She told me she doesn"t have anything in her records indicating heart palpitations connected to Crestor. All I know is that since I stopped taking the Crestor in the evening, I am not having the continuous palpitations when I go to bed. I read somewhere that Crestor is a more potent statin than the others so a smaller dosage works better than the same dosage of another statin. Maybe 40 mg is way too much for my system now that I am a senior.