Heart Rhythm Disorders - Type of Disorder

Please describe what type of heart rhythm disorder you have.

What are the different types of heart rhythm disorders?

Heart rhythm disorders are classified according to where they occur in the heart and how they affect the heartbeat.

Return to Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)

Comment from: Gail, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I just got out of hospital a couple of weeks ago. I had congestive heart failure, and my heart had been out of rhythm for 6 weeks, so they had to shock my heart twice to get it back in rhythm. Now I get so tired and can't do anything done, without sitting down, resting more and then getting things done. I am so weak, and it keeps getting worse.

Comment from: mabrad, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

I have had PAT/PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia/paroxysmal atrial tachycardia) since 14. I was given nothing until 20 when I was put on Inderal, then propranolol, then digoxin, then atenolol, and then verapamil. Verapamil was king. It did the best job ever until it slowed me down to low and I couldn't function in sports anymore so my cardiologist took me off everything. I then had an ablation which works well for the PSVT but, now I have PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) and that gave me high blood pressure. I now take Micardis and Norvasc and they seem to work for the blood pressure. I need more freedom from the PVCs so after trying everything in the vitamin centers I have found ubiquinol 100 mg twice a day with PQQ 100 mg twice a day gives me much more energy, makes me smarter by improving my memory, helps the Norvasc keep my blood pressure down by about 20 points as well as lightens up the PVCs which I have just learned to live with. I can still jog 5 K regularly and ride my bicycle 250 K a week.