Chronic Pain - Effective Treatments

Please describe what treatments have been effective for your chronic pain.

How is pain treated?

Return to Chronic Pain

Comment from: mary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was once an athlete, and had my first injury (knee) at 16. I have had chronic pain since then, now I'm 52. I have had 12 knee surgeries, 2 in the back. I have arthritis in areas. Then I have had chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) with fibromyalgia, since 2001. I have been on 30 mg morphine sulfate BID, 5 mg oxycodone up to 30 mg/day, and 2 mg hydromorphone up to 4 mg/night. I am taking baclofen (helps for sleep in my CFS), trazodone, and ranitidine.

Comment from: Kimberly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 04

I have had chronic myofascial pain and neuropathic pain for six years. I took anti-seizure drugs to help with the pain in the nerves and had weekly trigger point injections for years. In addition, I was taking Tylenol 3s, and Celebrex to try to control the pain. Nothing has worked as well as Lyrica. Now, instead of 2,800 mg of Neurontin, I take 225 mg of Lyrica. I have dropped the Celebrex and take Tylenol 3s rarely! Lyrica has changed my life, and after six years, I am finally ready to get back to work and living!