Staph Infection - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your staph infection (staphylococcus aureus) last?

What are the symptoms and signs of a Staph infection?

Staphylococcal disease of the skin usually results in a localized collection of pus, known as an abscess, boil, or furuncle, depending upon the exact type of lesion that is present. The affected area may be red, swollen, and painful. Drainage or pus is common. When Staph is in the blood (bacteremia or sepsis), it can cause high fevers, chills, and low blood pressure.

Return to Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)

Comment from: noswindlin, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 11

I have a son who is 14. He currently has acute osteomyelitis of the left ulna. In October 2012 he had a staph infection in the right palm that localized in the right elbow and armpit. He fractured his left ulna in February 2015. Infection of the ulna occurred in June 2015. Through CT, MRI, x-ray, and multiple biopsies with lab tests, there is not any bacteria found, although his CRP count responds to clindamycin.

Comment from: rick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I had golden staph infection in the tip of my index finger. I damaged the nail bed and contracted the disease. After a long course of antibiotics the skin on my fingers pealed so badly I had to stop the treatment. I then started having laser treatment on my pressure points up to my elbow. After 2 treatments the finger started to improve. With 3 times a week treatment it took 6 months for the staph to clear. After 2 weeks of laser treatment 3 times a week the tip of my finger started to respond to the laser treatment. I damaged my nail bed and could not form a proper nail and it took about another 5 weeks when the nail started to form up. The tip of my finger was black with pus seeping out. After 6 months 3 times a week laser it cleared up. This was 20 years ago. I had so many weeks of antibiotics. The skin on my fingers pealed so badly treatment ceased. All the pressure points up to my elbow were laser treated.