Staph Infection - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your staph infection (staphylococcus aureus) last?

Please select the black triangle:

What are the symptoms and signs of a Staph infection?

Staphylococcal disease of the skin usually results in a localized collection of pus, known as an abscess, boil, or furuncle, depending upon the exact type of lesion that is present. The affected area may be red, swollen, and painful. Drainage or pus is common. When Staph is in the blood (bacteremia or sepsis), it can cause high fevers, chills, and low blood pressure.

Return to Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)

Comment from: Angel, Female (Patient) Published: January 05

It is 5 years and I am still battling a staph infection. Nothing works.

Comment from: StaphIsKillingMe, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I got a boil in the crease of the upper right thigh where it meets the body, in late 2005. In Sept '09, I had the staph infection throughout the entire gland system. First in my groin, then under the breasts and finally the left armpit. The one I got in my right armpit, simply won't go away. I keep getting 10 day antibiotic courses but they never go longer than 10 days, nor do they switch the antibiotics to trick the infection into leaving. I also have type II diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis, which cannot be treated at all if I have an infection. And I just recently got a culture, and 6 weeks later after a course of Bactrim and then amoxicillin, I had another boil under my right armpit! I've been telling my doctors about this for close to two whole years, but they do nothing!